Faucet handle removal

QUESTION:I have a leak in my bathtub. I attempted to change the stem but cannot remove the handle of the faucet. I am afraid to force it and break a pipe inside. What can I do to loosen the handle? Thank you for any advice you can give me.
Mrs. JoDi
ANSWER: “I know exactly what you are talking about. There is a very handy tool available for such a problem as yours called a “handle puller”. This tool can be purchased from any larger home hardware store or home center for less than $20. Without this tool you might break the handle or stem and would need to hire a licensed plumber to come repair it.”

Schedule A Technician